4.29.2017

ART-spirations

Hello Lovelies!

I'm happy to be back today with the second edition of a collaborative series I'm working on with my talented sister, Holly Platt.

ART-spirations

I love art!  In my opinion, the choice of art in a person's home is extremely important.  It is one way in which we can truly express who we are.  And, of course, art is very personal.

I am lucky to know some very talented artists.  One of whom is my beautiful sister!

We thought it would be fun to work together to share our two passions...her art and my design.  And so we came up with the idea of ART-spirations.

In case you missed my inaugural post, the premise behind ART-spirations is that I take a piece of Holly's art and use it as the jumping off point for a room design.

This time, I decided to use one of her abstract floral paintings.  She has done a series of these and I love ALL of them!!



I thought this piece was particularly pretty with its use of vibrant blues and a touch of pink.  So I decided to go for a bold living room which would incorporate these saturated colors. 


That amazing navy blue velvet sofa was my first choice for the space and then the more subtle blue rug with touches of pink that echoes the softer tones toward the top of the painting.  I brought in more pink with some wonderful Chinoiserie curtains,  that also have a touch of green in them which I then repeated in the garden stool side tables.

I am a neutral loving girl at heart, so I had to add a neutral side chair and coffee table to soften all the vibrant color, but all in all, I think this would be a very happy living room!

Do you use art as a jumping off point for your room décor?

xoxo
Wendy

You can find more of Holly's work on her Instagram.

         

0 comments: